In practical terms, VGA has implemented new measures to ensure we are operating in the best way possible in this new environment. In particular, all staff able to work remotely are doing so. At all VCV dealerships, the following measures to fight the spread of COVID-19 have been implemented:
- We have set up sanitising stations at all entry points to Volvo dealerships for every customer and visitor to use on entry.
- Distinctive signage has been installed with clear instructions on hygiene and safe work practices.
- Clearly marked areas have been mapped out to clarify social distancing expectations.
- Increased cleaning (by contractors) of all common use areas.
- Regular cleaning of all customer counters, handles and doors of high traffic areas at least once an hour.
- Regular washing of hands and repeated use of hand sanitiser by all staff.
- Staggered break times for workshop staff.
- Vehicles will be cleaned prior to our technicians commencing any work, items in these vehicles may be moved to ensure all areas are cleaned.
- Keys will be left inside vehicles where possible.
- Interior and exterior cleaning of driver stations by technicians, including internal contact points where required.
- Final cleaning of vehicles prior to return to the customer with keys left in ignition where possible (if the customer is onsite to take delivery).
Our people and our customers’ safety is paramount. Along with Volvo Group Australia, Volvo Bus Australia is committed to supporting essential industry and combating the spread of COVID-19.