In his new role James, reporting directly to Nick Page, manages a coach sales team of six regionally based representatives, and has responsibility for developing both new and pre-owned coach sales across the UK and Ireland.
James joined the Volvo Group in 1999 working as an Account Manager within Volvo Financial Services, transferring to Volvo Bus in 2004 where he worked as a Regional Coach Sales Manager, covering the Midlands, South Yorkshire and Southern Ireland until his most recent appointment. Prior to joining Volvo, James held various sales positions within the FMCG industry segment for a number of years.
Volvo Bus Coach Director, Nick Page commented, "James has a wealth of experience in both customer focus and service, whilst holding extensive knowledge of the Volvo product range – including not only the vehicles, but also our aftermarket support, parts packages and finance and contractual options.
“It is important that we are both pro-active and responsive to our customers’ needs, and this new role will greatly assist us in the direction we are following to optimise customer satisfaction and illustrate our further commitment to supporting the coach industry.”
James is based at Volvo Bus and Coach Centre, Loughborough, where the majority of Volvo’s pre-owned and new stock vehicles are located.
As well as managing the coach sales department, James has also retained direct responsibility for coach sales in the Republic of Ireland, whilst in the UK this is covered by a six-strong team comprising Jo Standbridge; Duncan Crosby; John Dover; David Stevenson; Philip Illingworth and new appointment, Jim Newman.
Based in Edinburgh, Jim is responsible for the development of both bus and coach commercial activity in Scotland and bus sales within Northern Ireland; whilst Duncan Crosby will continue to look after coach sales in Northern Ireland.
Jim will also report to Phil Owen, Volvo’s Bus Sales Director, on bus sales, who commented, “We’re delighted to welcome Jim to the team. He joins us from Scania where he held a similar position for the last 20 years, so his knowledge of the industry is immense. And the fact that he lives in the territory and knows so many operators is a further advantage. We’re now ideally placed to further develop our business in Scotland and Northern Ireland.”
29th May 2009
Notes to Editors:
The new Volvo Bus coach sales team territories are:
• Duncan Crosby: Northern Ireland, Cheshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Staffs, South Yorkshire & North Wales
• Phil Illingworth: Cumbria, Durham, Lincolnshire, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Northumberland, North, West & East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire
• John Dover: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Dorset, Leicestershire & Rutland, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Surrey, East & West Sussex, Wiltshire & Warwickshire
• Dave Stevenson: West Midlands, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Somerset, South & Mid Wales, Worcestershire
• Jo Standbridge: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, London (inside M25), Northamptonshire, Norfolk & Suffolk
• Jim Newman: Scotland (bus and coach sales) and Scotland and Northern Ireland (bus sales)