Volvo Bus Telematics helps customers save money, fuel and the environment7/4/12
Volvo Buses is now introducing a new Web-based tool that gives bus operators better control over their vehicles’ fuel consumption and allows them to tailor maintenance to meet individual needs.
“With Volvo Bus Telematics we are taking yet another step forward in giving our customers new opportunities for reducing their costs and improving their operational efficiency. At the same time they get an excellent tool for reducing climate and environmental impact,” says Per Carlsson, President Volvo Bus Corporation.
Focus on fuel consumption
Among other things, Volvo Bus Telematics gives the operator comprehensive feedback on how each bus is being driven and how much fuel it consumes under various operating conditions. This information can be used to trace any discrepancies that might occur and also as the starting point for driver training courses that focus on safe, fuel-efficient and environmentally optimised driving.
Control of the entire bus fleet
The operator can chart each bus’s location on a map and identify the driver, see where the bus has stopped to pick up passengers and whether it is within its designated area. Volvo Bus Telematics also shows the current status of parameters such as axle load and relays information about any warning lamps that may be activated in the instrument panel. This detailed report of each individual vehicle’s driving profile helps the operator in analysis and driver training.
Needs-tailored maintenance means more time on the road
Using this detailed on-board information, bus maintenance can be optimised in response to individual needs. The information is automatically registered and the service schedule is modified to match. This means that the bus’s availability – its uptime on the road – is maximised, while at the same time avoiding problems and repairs. In order to simplify planning, the time required for service is also calculated, along with the parts needed. What is more, Volvo Bus Telematics displays any fault codes that arise and gives the mechanic detailed information that makes it easier to prepare in advance for any repairs that may be required.
Everyday benefit for customers
Volvo Bus Telematics was developed by Volvo Buses in close cooperation with customers. It is based on more than 20 years of experience with various telematics solutions.
“The in-depth knowledge we have of our customers’ daily operating reality allied to Volvo’s experience in the field of telematics has resulted in a user-friendly, flexible and standardised tool that generates true benefit in everyday operations,” says Per Carlsson.
Standardised solution with a variety of functions
Volvo Bus Telematics consists of two standardised modules – Fleet Management and Vehicle Management. Fleet Management includes features such as reports on fuel economy and climate impact. Vehicle Management is used for maintenance planning. The modules are available for both new and existing Volvo buses, as well as for most relatively new buses of other makes. By signing a monthly subscription contract the customer gains access to a wide variety of information round the clock via any PC with an Internet link.
Volvo Bus Telematics - functions in brief:
- Reports on fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, driving times, driven distances, engine revs, idling times, speed, standstills and so on.
- Alerts if anything untoward occurs, for instance a drop in oil pressure, excessively high axle load, excessive engine temperature and so on. It also provides information about the bus’s status at the time of the fault.
- Shows how the bus has been driven, including information about such parameters as acceleration, braking and cornering.
- Displays the bus’s current and previous locations. Also indicates when the bus is driven into or out of a defined area, a feature known as Geofencing.
- Optimised maintenance planning – tailors servicing to suit the bus’s operational conditions.
- Shows major fault codes, making it easier to prepare in advance for workshop repairs.
- Parts list showing all the components needed for servicing the vehicle, as well as the time
needed for the work.
- Overview of the entire vehicle fleet’s servicing requirements, or broken down at depot level.
- Reports showing estimated parts needs in the future.
- Comprehensive log of servicing, with the possibility of storing comments.
For further information, please contact:
Christina Fjellman, Vice President Corporate Communications, Volvo Bus Corporation,
+46 70 269 60 10, christina [dot] fjellman [at] volvo [dot] com